Position at Carolina CAT - Construction
The Backorder Parts Expeditor is responsible for maintaining and working daily backorder report. Works closely with counter reps and the service department to prioritize backorders with extended ESD's. Utilizes all resources necessary to expedite delivery of parts.
- Develop a strong working relationship with Ken Morton resulting in open dialogue, mutual understanding and trust.
- Set up and attend meetings to share information, progress, opportunities and issues
- Provide your feedback to help enhance department performance.
- Share information to suggest where we can improve based on your unique background and experience.
- Develop relationships with Parts and Service leaders, managers and employees to gain understanding of their business needs and to ensure they are receiving the support needed from the Parts Department to keep our customers Up & Running.
- Show willingness to listen and gather information and then form opinions and then act.
- Lead by example, showing a sense of urgency and dedication to customer follow-up
- Focus on Right Part, On time, Every time "Parts Promise"
- Understanding of inventory fill rates, emergency fee charges
- Understanding of parts availability financial impact on company
- Direct expense control, its impact on the bottom line
- Share knowledge with others to develop employees for current and future positions
- Seek personal development activities, to stay fresh
- Promote safety through own work habits
- Open communication with peers
- Open communication with Management Team
- Be a part of the solution
- Resolution of Customer issues need to be treated with promptness
- Facility cleanliness
- Employee attitude, keep in check, be an example setter
- 6's processes
- Live by our Vision, Mission, Critical Success Factors, and Values
- Set good examples
- NPI awareness
- Work closely with Inventory Control
- Parts stocking suggestions on prime product and complimentary products
- Influence stocking decisions, know our customers purchasing habits
- Active participant, be involved and be a part of the solution
- Seek opportunities to improve processes
- Think "outside the box"
- Expediting of back-order parts from factory
- Re-sourcing of back-order parts with extended ESD
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews and works open backorder reports
- Works with Counter Reps to determine priority and escalation process
- Works with Caterpillar Analyst to escalate backorders
- Expedites extended ESD backorders from factory
- Utilizes all resources to search and improve extended ESD's
- Other CAT Dealers
- Bargain List
- Prime Source
- Used Parts Dealers
- Alternate parts, kits, groups
- New/Used machine take-off
- (Proactive in looking for other resources and solutions)
- Creates and maintains detailed backorder report by order number, part number and ESD for communication to team
- Communicates extended ESD's to Counter Reps and Service Department
- Reviews and communicates "Held for PO" documents to Counter Reps
- Reviews and releases backorders via. Smart Sourcing
Education and/or Experience
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience in Caterpillar Dealer or similar position
- Proven experience or understanding in the areas of escalating, expediting, inventory control, parts distribution, service, financial management, human relations, and Customer Satisfaction.
- Can think outside current circumstances, develop new and effective solutions and recognizes unique opportunities.
- Excellent planning ability, which tie corporate vision to all decisions.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of Excel, Previous demonstrated experience with DBS, ANTARES, SAP, and personal computer software or the ability to quickly learn the same.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.