Requisition ID: 1188
REV Group (NYSE: REVG) is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of specialty vehicles and related aftermarket parts and services. REV serves a diversified customer base primarily in the United States through three segments: Fire & Emergency, Commercial and Recreation. REV provides customized vehicle solutions for applications including: essential needs (ambulances, fire apparatus, school buses, mobility vans and municipal transit buses), industrial and commercial (terminal trucks, cut-away buses and street sweepers) and consumer leisure (recreational vehicles ("RVs") and luxury buses). REV's brand portfolio consists of 30 well-established principal vehicle brands including many of the most recognizable names within our served markets. Several of REV's brands pioneered their specialty vehicle product categories and date back more than 50 years.
Under the direction of the Engineering Manager and/or Senior Engineering Supervisor, this is a team level position where the individual oversees specific engineering and product development projects as assigned, utilizing sound engineering principles and complex technical development of new products, product upgrades, troubleshooting and analysis, customer service/warranty issues, utilization of computer-aided drafting both individually and/or in a team, and other duties as assigned or requested.
This position requires exercising independent judgment, discretion and action in a team environment, developing optimal, cost-effective products, production processes, equipment, components and methods in accordance with customer specifications, sound engineering principals, current technology, quality, regulation compliance and industry standards. Supports production launch activities for new or revised products and technical support to Sales, Customer Service, Planning, Purchasing and other departments as requested.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Completes engineering assignments with clear and specific objectives, involving existing and new technology products, materials and components utilized in the Automotive, Transit and Mobility industry. Performs design calculations, prepares specifications, drawings, process layouts, capacity planning and other sound Engineering principles to implement into the production processes.
2) Participates in individual and/or team activities, provides reports, communications and coordination to all other involved departments and to management as requested.
3) Supports Work Order Review, Product Support Requests, ISO and Product Design Plan programs. Conducts necessary testing of products and/or components and provides training on new or revised products, product and process improvements.
4) Devise, fabricate, and assemble new or modified mechanical components for products and equipment, process and complete engineering release paperwork and follow-up verification to ensure quality, accuracy and timely completion.
5) Investigates equipment, product and component failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations for resolution and non-recurrence.
BASIC SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
CONTACT WITH OTHERS:
Has contact with other department personnel, at all levels, including: Human Resource, Sales, Customer Service, Engineering, Product Support, Accounting, Purchasing, Production, and Management.
NORMAL EQUIPMENT USED:
Equipment normally associated with Office work including Computers, Copy Machines, Fax Machines, Telephones, etc. plus the materials, fixtures, hand tools, power tools, machinery and other associated tooling, tools, and equipment utilized in the engineering and plant operations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (Subject to reasonable accommodation)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger; handle or feel objects; tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to an indoor climate-controlled area. The noise level is usually moderate. In the plant, eye protection is mandatory, hearing protection and dust mask may be required in identified areas. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Personal Protective Equipment Recommended and/or Required:
The Collins name has long been synonymous with the school bus industry. After half a century of delivering Type A school buses with A+ marks for strength and safety, it only makes sense that Collins has become the nation's most trusted bus manufacturer across every segment. From Type A school buses to today's Collins commercial bus, passengers and businesses can place their trust in Collins' engineering and innovation as much as the company itself.