Are you a current Aims Employee or Student Worker? If so, we need you to apply through your Workday account.
Instructions for Aims Applicants:
Please close this window and log into your Workday account. Apply by using the "Career" application on your home page. If you're a student worker please use "Find Student Jobs" under the "Career" application to apply.
Instructions for all Applicants:
In order to be considered please provide a thorough and complete application.
Be sure to upload all the required documents listed at the bottom of the Job Description. This can be uploaded as part of your application materials in the "My Experience" section. If there are missing documents, your incomplete application will not be considered.
Upon hire, all positions at Aims Community College require a criminal background check, and may require a MVR, and/or drug screen. Keep in mind, a conviction does not automatically preclude candidates from being employed. The nature of a conviction will be considered relative to the duties of the position.
Job Description:Aims Community College at a Glance:
This position will have hours on the Greeley and/or Windsor Campus.
1. Oversee the Strength Center and Cardiovascular Conditioning Studios ensuring individuals and groups are using equipment correctly and following all safety procedures.
2. Monitor facility and proactively provide specific instruction for appropriate training and conditioning equipment use and provide equipment safety orientation to user groups.
3. Monitor participants in facility and address any unsafe or inappropriate behaviors.
4. Be conscious of all equipment guidelines and regulations and consistently enforce all rules and eliminate unsafe apparel, equipment or activities.
5. Demonstrate proper use of equipment and spot individuals using the Strength Center or Cardio Studios as needed or requested.
6. Clean equipment periodically and return any equipment and or weights not in use to its designated location.
7. Oversee racquetball courts and gymnasium spaces.
8. Have the ability to lead and act in intense situations, and handle emergencies when they arise including contacting 911 if needed, reporting injury incidents to administration and completing accident and incident reports.
9. Answer questions in person regarding facility and Physical Education courses, field walk-in visits.
Functional Attributes of the Job:
Ability to lift up to 100 lbs.
Part-Time, 20 -25 hours/week within hours of operation.
1. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a part/full-time basis.
2. AA degree or 2 years physical education, recreation, fitness, wellness or related experience.
3. Hold a validCPR/First Aid/AEDcertification or ability to obtain.CPR/First Aid/AEDclasses are offered to staff at no expense
4. Ability to lift 100 lbs.
5. Ability to stand for long periods of time.
6. Able to attend in house meetings and training sessions.
7. Possess effective decision-making skills
8. Ability to communicate and work effectively with students, faculty, and staff.
9. Must have excellent customer service skills.
10. Basic knowledge of all weight room operations, including proper use, care and maintenance of work out studios.
1. Star Trac, Pre Core and Cybex manufacturers' equipment certification
Copy of Transcripts
Other DocumentsPlease Note: All required documents can be uploaded in the "my experience" section of the application under Required Documents.
Minimum Payment Amount:$17.05
The hiring range for full-time positions is based on qualifications, experience and internal equity and one can earn up to 5% above the minimum salary stated in the job posting. Employees in these positions may be asked to participate in temporary assignments lasting less than 6 months (such as curriculum development, short term projects, meetings and substitute duties) which could amount to additional temporary pay.
Pay Rate Type:Hourly
Included with Aims Full-time Employment is a generous package of Benefits, most are listed below:
Part-time employees also receive some benefits depending on the number of hours worked.
If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following, if required:
* Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements
* Diversity Statement; see below
* Teaching Philosophy(for faculty positions only)
* Copy of Transcripts for all positions. Official transcripts will be required if hired for all Full Time positions
Diversity Statement Instructions
Aims Community College recognizes and celebrates diversity within our students, faculty, and staff. We are committed to equity and inclusion to improve the learning experiences of all students and the working conditions of all employees.
In your diversity statement, please provide your interpretation of what it means to serve a diverse community and work in an inclusive environment.
Please include specific examples for how your background, education, and/or professional experience have prepared you to fulfill those responsibilities in this position.
As you consider what to put in your statement, please note Aims Community College is committed to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, age, or any other protected class.
Faculty: Must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services () or Association of International Credential Evaluators () lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
If you are a current Aims Community College Faculty and have transcripts on file, then a new official copy is not required.
Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, familial status, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, or veteran's status. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted and become the property of Aims Community College. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews. The goal of Aims Community College is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired, you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.